My Angels.

Follow Hayley Hour

Thursday, February 16, 2012

...I will think of you, every step of the way...

 Like squillions of little girls around the globe, I was absolutely devastated at the news that Whitney Houston had passed away. I am even more devasted for Bobbi Cristina, we may have lost one of the most talented and influential artists of all time, but Bobbi will now have to walk without her mother. This girl is the real tragedy in this story, she has been through so much.

There are dozens of online discussions and websites speculating about how she passed - anti-depressents and alcohol, overdose, suicide and even conspiricy theories stating it is a cover up.

I personally think we are focussing on the wrong thing here. If you are a true fan you will remember her for voice of an angel, her infectious giggle and her warm and joyful presence. To me, Whitney Houston was the voice that was sweet and strong at the same time and was one of the very first artists that I started singing to. Her hauntingly beautiful music will still live on, as will her memory.

Here is a video of my favorite Whitney songs and below are some photos.

R.I.P Whitney, you were more than amazing and we will miss you forever, especially when we listen to the autoned singers of today and remember that you were the one and only.














 
P.S. My laptop has conveniently broke just before I leave for Hawaii & LA, (YAY!!!) so I apologize for the lack of activity, she should be all better by Friday.

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you decided to focus on issues other than the drugs, mainly her daughter. That is a terrible loss, particularly for her family, and my heart goes out to all of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was an amazingly talented lady and I'm so sad she messed up her life and everything ended so badly. hope her little girl is strong and will be all fine :)

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO NICE OF YOU TO THOUGHT LIKE THAT

    DID YOU CHECK I GIVE YOU A STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't Whitney's biggest fan but I thought her voice was spectacular and her songs, unforgettable. Really beautiful post :) perfectly said. People get so caught up in the scandal and forget about the fact that somebody has died and sadly left behind devastated family and friends.

    I am now following you :) and also my name is Hayley - name-sisterhood of course. We have to stick together :P

    Hailes<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right the real problem is for her daughter who lost a mother! and this pain will never get better!
    xoxo
    http://theshopaholicnextdoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was really beautiful and talented. May her soul rest in peace

    http://iamxcessp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Devestating isn't it! she will be missed. Girl you've been tagged in an 11 questions post!
    http://professor-barbie.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/ask-me-21-questions.html
    Love Barbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really one of the saddest news this year. Despite her death, her beautiful classic voice will always remain in my heart. Almost all of her hits are my favorite. RIP WH. :-(

    I hope you get to visit my blog soon.

    Much love from Mystic Nymph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big loss to the music industry. She will be missed by her fans and that includes me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i miss whitney houston so much. i'll love love her!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  11. may she rest in peace. she'll be missed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inspiring post about her. We will truly miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She had one of the best voices ever. May she rest in peace.

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. so great post! I love Whitney and her voice!
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sad! i still cant believe it.

    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your thoughts, please feel free to follow my blog too. I will make it to your blog to say hello soon xx

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Hayley Hour

Other people loved...

Sign up for my newsletter!